Car Air Conditioning Service
The air conditioning system in your car is a serviceable item, just as you have to change your oil and air filters from time to time. It is very important to maintain your Air Conditioning system for the following reasons:
- Fungi and bacteria can grow in car air conditioning systems and can cause allergic reactions such as hay fever, skin irritations, runny noses and itchy eyes.
- Due to natural leakage through naturally slightly porous pipes, most air conditioning systems will lose around 15-20% refrigerant every 12 months resulting in a less powerful and less efficient system.
- If not serviced regularly, your air conditioning system will put a strain on the compressor which can result in the compressor wearing out quickly, as well as causing costly, increased fuel consumption as it draws on more engine power to run the system.
What is the difference between servicing and cleaning?
Manufacturers recommend that a vehicle’s air conditioning system is serviced every 2 years to ensure it operates at maximum efficiency. However, there are some indicators that will help you determine if you have a problem with your Air Conditioning system:
- The windscreen doesn’t clear quickly.
- The interior takes longer to cool down.
- There’s a noticeable increase in fuel consumption.
The air conditioning system service includes:
- Testing for leaks.
- Emptying and recharging the gas in the system.
If you notice an odd, particularly musty smell in your car, it is more than likely that the air conditioning system needs proper cleaning. The cost of cleaning the system is additional to the service cost and entails cleaning the entire system with a de-fungicide.
If you are not sure which service you require, just call us and we will be pleased to help.